Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Sometimes I Wish to God I Didn't Know Now the Things I Didn't Know Then

It's been a rough couple of weeks. It's been rough because the light at the end of the tunnel that I've been seeing for the last few years -- the one that signalled that oncoming train -- has finally managed to run me over. That it is a bittersweet injury makes it all the more painful.

It always is when something that you believed was going to be forever -- is not. No matter how much your rational self knows that what is happening now was an inevitable thing and that nothing in this world is static, that things change, people change, internally and externally.....that things happen to you that you cannot predict....that growth is part of life and sometimes causes death.......it is hard to tell that to your heart and your soul. Those parts of you don't like to admit those truths. They want to find the proverbial sandpit, the better to stick their head in. Hide like children in plain sight.

I'll be pulling these children out of that sandpit soon. It is about time that I do.


((Song: "Something To Believe In" by Poison. Lyrics: http://wcafe.com/poison/flshlyrc.htm#believe))

No comments: