Tuesday, December 2, 2008

But You May Feel A Little Sick...

I got a flu shot this season but it's probably not the flu I need to be worrying about. A lot of people in my office have been sick and instead of staying home they come shuffling in, hacking and coughing and sniffling. I can't stay home to avoid them, so I end up swimming in the miasma of germs they cast off. Grrrrreat.

Tis the season and all, right? I know something's going around. The kiddo is home from school today with a sore throat. This time last year I was weeks away from my bout with pneumonia. I don't care to be that sick again. After that I started taking zinc and a multivitamin and gargling with salt water and using a neti pot. Eating more greens and fruits. I took the flu shot when it was offered. Yet I'm thinking my immune system must still be made of tissue paper. I'm not sick -- yet? -- but I've had a headache for the last day and a half and my throat feels a little tender. Damn it, what else can I do? Grrrrr.......

Tonight will be an early night. I'm tired and my health meter feels slightly askew, if you know what I mean. Hopefully a good night's sleep with some aspirin and chicken soup will help.


((Song: "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd. Lyrics here:
http://www.pink-floyd-lyrics.com/html/comfortably-numb-wall-lyrics.html ))

No comments: