Monday, December 14, 2009

It's Been A Long Time....

I've been sorely neglecting this little blog. I've been neglecting a lot of things the last couple weeks because I've been indulging an old habit/hobby of mine -- online gaming. I have tried various avenues for this -- most notably WoW -- but the constant grinding and farming for quests just wasn't able to hold my interest as much as the heavy roleplaying systems based on the Neverwinter Nights game. NWN is much like old school Dungeons & Dragons and that has always been near and dear to my heart.

I quit the game about a year before my divorce for a number of reasons, none of which I feel the need to slog through at this juncture. I've recently picked it back up (mostly because of HD, actually, who began again as well) and I've already found an enjoyment in it that was missing by the end of my last time through. Who says you can't revisit something and find something new when you do?

There's not been a lot to say anyway. Life's been rather placid. About the only thing of any consequence has been my continued correspondence with Grey. He told me once just about a week ago that I knew how much he cared about me. I told him then that sometimes I didn't, but thinking about it now? Why, yes. Yes, I do.

((Song: "Wait" by the Beatles. Lyrics here: http://lyrics.wikia.com/The_Beatles:Wait))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Confidante
In theater, the confidant (feminine: confidante, same pronunciation) character is usually someone the lead character confides in and trusts. Typically, these consist of the best friend, relative, doctor or boss. The confidant character is most common in romantic comedy films but often appears in other genres.