Tuesday, March 24, 2009

All The Thoughts In My Head

A few things on my mind today.....

The kidney stones are gone! Apparently I passed the little buggers sometime in the last four years, thank the stars. The x-ray I had on Friday didn't show a single one.

Yes, an x-ray. My kidneys were still hurting so I went. That, and I couldn't.....well.....you know. Get "things" moving? Still can't to a great extent and there is a lot of that hanging around up in my upper transverse colon and bowels. That's what was hurting. It wasn't my kidneys at all.

Ya know -- and stop right here if you get queasy easily or it's just TMI -- I've always been a 3-days between kind of girl. I've since learned that's borderline chronic constipation. Hm, who knew? I just thought it was 'normal' for me. It hasn't affected me in the past much because I wasn't doing any sort of physical exertion but now that I'm working out regularly and my water needs have shot through the roof, things have changed. I was trying to drink plenty of fluids but it appears I hadn't done a bang-up job of it. Oh, and I was getting only miniscule amounts of fiber in my diet.

I've made changes but I have yet to see any....err....tangible results. I've got a vacation to go to on the 15th so I'd best get a move on, if you catch my drift. I bought some Bran Buds cereal and some Activia yogurt and I'll give those a whirl. I'm also taking medication and hopefully things will flush out and I can stop feeling miserable.

I'm also contemplating a completely and utterly scary move -- purchasing a foreclosed home. I can't say much more on that because it's still in that diaphanous stage of thought -- just drifting around in my head. Fifteen years fixed, less than my monthly rent.....I'd have equity.....being frightened of the debt.....I'd have something that is MINE.......but do I want to live in this state instead of moving to a different one for the next fifteen years?....do I have to just because I have a house?....would I get stuck and saddled with this? Etc., etc., etc. Gah.

((Song: "In Too Deep" by Sum 41. Lyrics here:
http://www.lyrics007.com/Sum%2041%20Lyrics/In%20Too%20Deep%20Lyrics.html ))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe I mentioned the water thing and something about two cups every time you pee? Muahahahaha, finally I get to say...told you so!

As for the house. You only have to live there for four or five years. I think that was the amount of time it takes to break even on closing costs. Btw, don't forget closing costs when you are thinking house.