Monday, August 13, 2007

...

Had a bit of a laugh this weekend.

It seems that daughter and her best friend put their collective heads together and decided that it would be cool for them to become "sisters." How? By getting her mother together with my stbx-hub, that's how.

I had my kiddo over with me this weekend to hang out and to do her school shopping with her. We had a blast, she was such a joy! I have missed her so much. She is such a great kid.

Anyway, stbx-hub called to speak with me for a bit. We spoke about this and that and then he asked if kiddo had said anything in particular about anything I might have questions about, which made me curious. When I said not that I could think of, he began to tell me about this plan hatched by the two kiddos and said he wanted to fill me in, just in case she said something, and that he thought I should know in any case.

What he told me added detail to the bare bones I'd learned of a bit earlier in the week. I was going to write about that here but got busy doing this or that and never got around to it. It's just as well.

Anyway, apparently last weekend the mom came over to the house and had tea and visited. Can't recall if he said they visited together more than once or not but these visit(s) apparently also led to the mom thinking that something might actually come of this. A few text messages were exchanged which soon became a bit flirty on her end. At that point, hub said, he put a stop to them and did not respond further.

Oh, did I mention that kid's best friend's mother is married? Unhappily (that's never been hidden) but married nonetheless.

It makes sense to me about the girls trying to put things together. They would love to be "sisters," and the man that this woman is married to is not pleasant by any means. That's as much as the kids need to try to move things along.

But as hub told me, married is married. He said he didn't need to have anything complicated in his life and that he wasn't ready to dive back into the waters just yet. Besides, he feels that this woman needs to move on by herself and leave her husband if she wants to without needing the safety net of some other man in order to do so. He considered it a character flaw in her personality and would not consider her even if she were single.

I knew he would. That is the kind of man my ex is.

I hope he finds himself a wonderful lady when he's ready. I'll always wish the very best for him. He deserves it.

No comments: