Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Update Before Sleep

New job is still going fine. I've become fast friends with the office manager. She and I are only a few months apart in age and we seem to think alike and find the same things amusing. She's taken to me as fast as I've taken to her. We work very well together and she's got the patience of Job, I'll tell you what!

She tells me that when and if she finds work elsewhere -- the reasons for which I won't go into here but that don't have anything to do with job satisfaction or quality -- she said to me that she would "take me along with her." It's strange but I feel she's being completely sincere. She likes the way I work and I think she believes that I have a lot of potential in this field. I am grateful for the regard she holds for my efforts and I'm happy she thinks my work is worthwhile.

I started out in this job thinking that there was some sort of karmic reason for going to the gym and finding this job through there. I am thinking now that my path was really intended to set me up to meet my office manager instead of the lawyer himself. Call me silly if you will, but it feels rather preordained.

I told kiddo this weekend that many things happen for reasons that you might be completely unaware of at the start. Even seemingly horrible things have hidden golden moments. I told her she should never forget to look for those hidden things in her life.

Speaking of life, I'm pretty content with it right now. I'm working 10-13 hr days and enjoying myself, something I never in the world thought I'd EVER say! I'm going to the gym and feeling good about working out, another thing I would have sworn was the next thing to Hell itself. But I thought this morning on my way to work that I feel happy more consistently now than I did those last years of my marriage. I may be working harder but my life is mine again; I control its path. Feeling in control is a very powerful aphrodisiac.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am never content when I don't have a purpose and am working towards that purpose. I remember working seven day weeks of 10 hours each and loving life because of the accomplishments and movement towards my goals.