Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Let's All Celebrate

Well, it's (sort of) official, at least in my mind. If I'm not celiac, per se, I'm definitely affected by wheat. I haven't eaten wheat for a week or so now but I decided to have a fried egg sandwich last night because I was lazy and didn't want to fix anything else.

Ugh. This morning I feel as bloated as a beached whale.

So yeah, it appears that it's time to re-evaluate my diet and make permanent changes. If I have colitis, and I may, then the wheat-free diet has seemed to help keep flare-ups to a minimum. So be it.

I'd been feeling a little down again -- as I mentioned a few posts ago -- but the last couple days have improved my mood considerably. I hope it signals the beginning of an upswing instead of a glitch. The roomie is headed out of town for a few weeks and that means I get the apartment to myself. Two whole weeks! Whoo hoo!

Well, gee. Whatever shall I do?

((Song: "Celebration" by Kool and The Gang. Lyrics here:
http://www.energyexpressband.com/lyrics/wedding%20lyrics%20celebration%20kool%20the%20gang.htm ))

1 comment:

The Hedonistic Pleasureseeker said...

I eat on the run, and when I do, I eat my sausage-and-egg breakfast pucks open faced. Cuts over 100 calories from the equation, plus it minimizes the gluten.
One can be "not celiac" and still have huge problems with wheat. I call myself "gluten sensitive" because my test results put me just under the cutoff for having the disease. I limit my wheat as much as possible, thinking, enh. It's close enough: Being almost-celiac-but-not-quite, I'll be almost-gluten-free-but-not-quite.

Gluten can make a sensitive person depressed and borderline psycho, BTW. I notice a big difference in my moods when I fall off the diet wagon.