Tuesday, January 9, 2007

And Tell You of My Dreaming

Before anyone points it out to me....

Yes, I realize that this template has links I don't know how to utilize. I'm a virgin html-er, thankyouverymuch. I'll get the hang of it soon enough.

A few days ago I was talking about how women subsume their desires. I came across this on Stephanie Klein's blog at http://stephanieklein.blogs.com/, one I read religiously because she is such an incredible wordsmith. To her, words are not just words. She paints sight, smell, touch, and feel into them and as you read they literally weave in and out of your head. She deserves all the success she's had and more:

"We learn at such a young age to deny our desires for the common good. And we’ve been doing it so long; we bury them without thinking. And want resurfaces confused and dizzy, and I'm left unsure if what I crave is what I really want. In my silent lazy moments, desire resurfaces and scares the want, but never right out of me. It’s there, lingering, like dormant dreams from the previous night just as you close your eyes for bed. They rush in for a second, and you’re sure you remember, but as soon as you try, you can’t."

Oh yes....I am SOOOooooo doing this! http://www.cringebook.com/

My dreams last night were fragmented. I dreamed of big apartments with glass doors and walls connected by an open courtyard in my old hometown (a place that those sorts of urban-like clean lines would never ever be) and small quaint Cape Cods and glowing sage-colored Victorians. In the midst of that I dreamed of blogs and blog templates and blogs I've read.....oh my the blogs! And as I awoke this leapt into my head. Hm. I think I should use it somewhere:

"The opinions stated herein are the express property of the author of this blog. I reserve the right to question the judgement, sanity, general health and even the very existence of any creature that lives upon the face of this Earth, whether they be plant, animal or mineral-based."

A quote from Peter Boyle: "Whatever we lose, we'll get back."

And here are a few pretty accurate quotes by Rosanne Barr, regardless of what you think of the lady herself. Myself, I think she's done the School of Hard Knocks to death. She's probably come out if it with the sort of street wisdom that my mother has:

"Self-esteem is the goddamn root of all evil."

"You're as sick as your secrets."

"Women's problem with sex is simple: We don't like having sex with someone we know too well."

Hah!


((Song: "Dreaming" by Blondie. Lyrics here:

http://www.leoslyrics.com/listlyrics.php;jsessionid=DFCE1AE35B9540D2E3C0F28E2DAE9B4F?hid=MMSGF9I%2FJgM%3D))

No comments: